Thursday, July 24, 2008

Is it me, or do hangovers get worse with age?

Yo. Well we pulled it off last weekend. We won the overall at the tour of granite country. It started off pretty rough actually. Rain and wind were the name of the game in the ITT. Dougo won of course with Ian and Casper not far behind. I didn't feel good at all at the start. However, Micah was my 30 man and a great rabbit. I got 7th. The circuit race was really cool and micah got away with Dale and they stayed away. Micah got 2nd and a bunch of time bonuses and put him into 4th overall at the end of the day. This picture pretty sums up what we did on the road race stage.

We pulled all day. It was fun to work together a little better than we have been earlier in the year. We're still pretty rough around the edges, but are figuring it out a little more each time. The last time up the hill,the chasing and attacking all day caught up with the legs. I saw Paul Harrison fly by me making the final cut and I couldn't shut down the gap. I blew sky high, and then coasted in with Casper. We chatted about tactics and agreed it was a good cool down. I was really glad to see Paul make it up there, he just upgraded and is fit right now. Keep it up. Anyway, Doug won and Ian was up there too. Pretty cool. Next month is pretty full. State crit, tour of Kansas City, Crit Nats', State Road Race, and finally Gateway cup in STL.
Later

No comments: