Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Humbled

Yo. Sorry it's been a long time since I last updated. The road season has officially ended for me. I guess it was an ok year. Last year was a little better, but as I get older that seems to be the trend. I did the Chir Kerr road race (a WIsport race) a couple weeks back and it was just as sketchy was I imagined. No center line rule , tandems legal, and lets not forget helmets with rear view mirrors. Matt Williams won and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. Him, Jimmy, and I against the tandems and aero bar people. Pretty great. The week before, Micah and I did the last Blackdog. We both met our goal of breaking 15 min. He got 14:58 and I got 14:50. I was really happy about that since I suck a time trialing, comparatively to other 1,2's. Anyway, last weekend I did the two man TT state race with Dan Casper. Fuckin' Humbling experience. We started out pretty good and kept it rolling around 29-30 the whole way out. I kept looking at my computer for time. About 8 min in I was getting pretty uncomfortable. I couldn't pull through as much and started to suffer just sitting on Dan's wheel. Pretty soon I cried uncle and it was damage control for the last 5K.
I felt bad and Dan was really cool about it slowing down for me. The last 2K were mentally the same as NVGP, drill it and hope like hell the finish is around the corner.
At the end of the day we were 3rd. 30 seconds off Gordy, and Lance Niles. If we practice and my ass doesn't come unhinged, next year I think we got a shot. Anyway, my lil' sis had a blot clot in her arm and had to have surgery to fix it yesterday. I'm happy to say she's fine and on the mend. With some swizzy pain meds to boot. Al right, that's all I got.
Later

5 comments:

Pete said...

TT's blow. I usually quit after about the first minute then ride the rest of the way.

you cx'n this year?

Andy said...

No. I wish. I'll be at most of the races though to help and heckle people though.
Are you?

Doc said...

Taking off on a 2 man TT with a way good TT'er is scary. It turned out better for me than you, but still hurt me bad.

It's very cool to go faster than I've ever booked it for 15 miles, though.

See you at some CXs or the party.

muyres said...

headwaters 100...we have room. email me.
saturday.

Andy said...

Sorry yo I haven't checked this thing in a while.